MY PHOTOS

MY CAREER

I started out my career in baseball as an intern for the Seattle Mariners at the age of 16. The next season they had ball girl try outs and I made it! I was the new ball snatcher. I made headlines when I became the first ball girl to dive for a foul ball. I was highlighted on FOX's This Week in Baseball, Univision, CBS Day & Date, ESPN, CNN, KIRO's On Deck Show, and other networks and print publications for my plays on the field and for my baseball artwork, which I donate to various charities and got officially licensed for it by the MLBPA at the age of 19. I have my own sport art business and my art has been displayed at the Legends of the Game museum in TX and the Yogi Berra Museum in NY. I worked for the M's for seven seasons and had the opportunity to get to know all of the main departments of the front office from marketing to public relations. I went on to work for the Red Sox in their Dominican Republic baseball academy as their English teacher. Inspired by my work there, I developed and created a complete career development education program for international players called "Keep Your Eyes in the Ball". This program turned the Red Sox into pioneers in the area of international player development in the area of transition to their careers in the states. I teach the players everything including, American laws, life skills, customs, English, baseball terminology, etiquette, money management, basic nutrition, media and fan relations, literacy, and more. I went on to work for the Orioles and was even recruited by the New York Yankees. My title for the Red Sox was coordinator of player education and with the Orioles, international liaison and instructor of english and cultural literacy. I came back home to complete my college education and returned to the Mariners to work with their major league Latin American players, including their new Cuban star, Yuniesky Betancourt. Interestingly, I was Felix Hernandez's brother's teacher with the Orioles as well. Some players you might recognize that were students of mine include; Anibal Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez, Daniel Cabrera, Wilfredo Ledezma, Ed Rogers, Tony Blanco, Eddy Rodriguez, Franklin Francisco, and Jorge De La Rosa.

My Orioles Class Documentary - Part One

My Sports Art

Monday, October 27, 2003

message about me from my students with the Red Sox

Here is a message from a couple of my students from my first season of class wrote....

From : victor santana
Sent : Monday, October 27, 2003 5:59 AM
To : baserobada@hotmail.com

rosi santizo was my teacher in 2000 when I belong to the boston red sox , she has good actitude in the class. I remember than every day she teaching about english and baseball culture at same time.and about the values like the player is smart for the life and career to be a good player and good person at same time.


from victor santana



From : ambiorix Crespo
Sent : Monday, October 27, 2003 2:46 AM
To : baserobada@hotmail.com


!hello! this is a baseball player of the Roston Red sox i send you this letter to talk about Rosie , and to tell you all what she teached me.

she a perfect teacher if i know how to speak something is for her , is an exellent `person and that team can trust in her because i am shure than she going to do an excellent work .

in the future you will see the change in the team when you see everybody speaking english in the stadium .



could you do me a favor give her the change for what that team can see the progress of have a teacher like her i did all what i can for to write this letter because i have a lot of time that i dont write somthing .

! i trust in her !
my name is ambiorix crespo feliz bye

1 comment:

ambiorix crespo said...

hola rosie espero que veas mis mensajes y que estes muy bien te cuidas bye.......... y pon unas de mis fotos please.. y del compadre el pege.....