MY PHOTOS

MY CAREER

I started out my career in baseball as an intern for the Seattle Mariners at the age of 16. The next season they had ball girl try outs and I made it! I was the new ball snatcher. I made headlines when I became the first ball girl to dive for a foul ball. I was highlighted on FOX's This Week in Baseball, Univision, CBS Day & Date, ESPN, CNN, KIRO's On Deck Show, and other networks and print publications for my plays on the field and for my baseball artwork, which I donate to various charities and got officially licensed for it by the MLBPA at the age of 19. I have my own sport art business and my art has been displayed at the Legends of the Game museum in TX and the Yogi Berra Museum in NY. I worked for the M's for seven seasons and had the opportunity to get to know all of the main departments of the front office from marketing to public relations. I went on to work for the Red Sox in their Dominican Republic baseball academy as their English teacher. Inspired by my work there, I developed and created a complete career development education program for international players called "Keep Your Eyes in the Ball". This program turned the Red Sox into pioneers in the area of international player development in the area of transition to their careers in the states. I teach the players everything including, American laws, life skills, customs, English, baseball terminology, etiquette, money management, basic nutrition, media and fan relations, literacy, and more. I went on to work for the Orioles and was even recruited by the New York Yankees. My title for the Red Sox was coordinator of player education and with the Orioles, international liaison and instructor of english and cultural literacy. I came back home to complete my college education and returned to the Mariners to work with their major league Latin American players, including their new Cuban star, Yuniesky Betancourt. Interestingly, I was Felix Hernandez's brother's teacher with the Orioles as well. Some players you might recognize that were students of mine include; Anibal Sanchez, Hanley Ramirez, Daniel Cabrera, Wilfredo Ledezma, Ed Rogers, Tony Blanco, Eddy Rodriguez, Franklin Francisco, and Jorge De La Rosa.

My Orioles Class Documentary - Part One

My Sports Art

Wednesday, February 8, 2006

scouting

While I worked for the Red Sox, I got the opportunity to learn so much about scouting from some of the best. Elvio Jimenez, who headed the Red Sox Dominican Academy was well respected in baseball for his scouting. He treated me like a daughter while I was there and even took me a long on some weekend scouting trips so I wouldn't be stuck alone at the hotel. Another scout who taught me a lot is the current director of player development now, Ben. Here is a response he sent me about a player I thought could make it as a pitcher and asked if he could look at him. What's cool is this player even ended up coming to play in the states with the Red Sox.

Rosie - I saw Dernier last week in Venezuela. He threw well enough that I
am trying to get him a tourist visa to come to Ft. Myers during spring
training. I don't want to use one of our 42 visa slots at this time, but if
we can get him a visa somehow the plan would be to bring him to Ft. Myers
sometime during ST and let him stay through Extended ST and then make an
evaluation.

Best,
Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosie Carolina Santizo [mailto:baserobada@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 2:43 PM



Hi Ben, thanks for the message. I hope you are doing well. If there is a
graduation ceremony this year in ST, I hope you´ll be able to attend it.
Winter went great. Looking forward to ST. Have you known anything about
Dernier Orozco? Did he work out as a pitcher? ttfnªRosie

2 comments:

JONATHAN said...

HOLA ROSIE!!! SABES QUIEN TE ESCRIBE?? TU EX ALUMNO ALEX PEÑALO. NO SABES LO FELIZ QUE ME CIENTO AL PODER ENCONTRARTE EN ESTE SITE. TENGO DECEOS DE HABLAR CONTIGO, SON TANTAS LAS COSAS QUE ME GUSTARIA HABLARTE. ME MSN ES
BARBUENA0581@HOTMAIL.COM

ESPERO TENER CONTACTO CONTIGO
DIOS TE BENDIGA...

JONATHAN said...

HOLA ROSIE CREEO QUE TE RECUERDAS DE UN AMIGO... YO NUNCA ME OLVIDO DE TI. YO SOY ALEX PEÑALO ESPERO QUE NO TE AYAS OLVIDADO DE MI
ME CONTENTE MUCHO CUANDO VI TU LIBRO TENGO TANTO QUE CONTARTE MI MSN ES BARBUENA0581@HOTMAIL.COM
ESPERO QUE ME CONTACTES.
DIOS TE BENDIGA